Wow! Another year gone by, last year was a doozy, so many changes and shifts. I guess that’s to be expected from a number 1 universal year, and a personal number 9 year for me. Number 9 is all about endings and beginnings, letting go of the old to make room for the new and better; and the number 1 continues on with that as a new cycle starts. The year number for 2018 is 11/2, more change, illumination, transformation, and mastery of life, it’ll be a powerful year.
Last year, I started with a phrase for the year (I usually don’t make new year resolutions). My phrase for 2017 was ‘Be Brave’. For 2018 my word initially was ‘Joy’, but I felt something was missing, so I added to it, ‘Joy & Gratitude’. It feels so much better for me. For when we have genuine gratitude, it brings more joy, and helps us to recognize how much joy is already there, and opens up to bring more joy in. About mid-year 2017, I came across Susannah Conway’s work, she has some amazing stuff. Every year she releases these free workbooks: Unravel Your Year and Find Your Word. Check these out to re-cap your previous year and map out the year to come; and dig into finding your word or phrase for the year.
Also, check out this list of feeling words: What do you want to feel? for ideas of words to embrace.
Joy & Gratitude
My words from 2017 will continue on with me, after embracing and feeling those for a year they have solidified in me the courage to follow through with my intuition, take chances and be brave.
Applying my new words for the year 2018:
- How can I bring more joy into my life? And allowing more joy in my life, being willing to receive joy and all the wonderful things that come along with it.
- Asking myself if a choice or action I am taking will bring me more joy. Which choice will bring me joy? Feel into it as if each option has been chosen, which one feels more joyful? There can be uncomfortableness when stepping out of our norm, but which choice feels lighter, more joyful, more fun, more expansive, more possibilities?
- When I’m doing something that I feel less than joy, asking: How can I may this more fun and joyful?
- Recognizing and being grateful for the little things in life that we often take for granted. The comfort and shelter of home: It was below -30°C temperatures for most of last week, but I was warm inside and the sun was shining bright which streams into our big windows. So much joy! The sun, the plants, the light show. ♥
- Feeling joy and gratitude for all my life experiences, challenges, and life lessons – they’ve brought me to where I am and who I am. This is a big one! It is tough in the middle of upheaval, but it makes us stronger by digging deep within our inner truth of who we are, helping us to stand in our power.
- Journalling about what brought me joy, what I’m grateful for, and the dreams that I am creating as I move forward with more joy. I love journalling, I let out all my thoughts and dreams, what I want to create, what I want in my life, all the far fetched possibilities, and silly ideas – if you can dream it, it can happen. Journalling is like a conversation with my soul, comforting, unconditional love, and peaceful.
- Thank you to all the wonderful people I’ve met on my new path, all those who have brought more light and joy into my world, provided me with inspiration, and opened up doorways I never thought possible.